We have gear you can borrow, but be careful, we know where you live!
Recommended Gear Lists
If you’re not sure about what you’ll need, check our recommended gearlists (day, overnight) These are somewhat comprehensive and don’t take into account the particulars of your trip or the weather at the time so do apply a bit of common sense when checking these lists.
** There should be a list of gear here, as there isn’t email the gear officers with what you’re after and we’ll tell you if you have it and how much it’ll cost. **
- Wednesdays 5:30pm – 5:31pm
- If you can’t make this time you can try to arrange an alternate time by emailing the gear locker officers (and providing a suitable bribe). As we don’t live at the locker full time and have lives and stuff we can’t guarantee we’ll be able to make any arbitrary time particularly at short notice.
- 5:30-5.31pm means that we will stay for as long as people want gear, but if nobody is there at 5:30pm, we will be gone by 5.31pm
Gear Locker Policy
- A deposit (cash or cheque) of a set amount is required before gear will be hired to anyone.
- Gear is to be returned the week following the weekend on which it was used. (unless by arrangement with locker officers) or another hire fee will be deducted from the deposit.
- If gear is not returned within 2 weeks, and the gear locker officers have not been contacted, the deposit will be banked.
- Gear cannot be to be hired to non-club members. The gear locker officer has the right to request ID before issuing gear. We will be asking for your membership card, with your name on it, so have it handy.
- All gear must be returned clean and dry, and any damage/problems must be reported to the gear locker officer.
- Refunds if any are at the complete discretion of the gear officers and will not in general be issued on the basis that you did not use the gear you hired for any reason. We are not responsible for the weather or poor planning.
|Title||Author||Deposit (NZ$)||Hire (NZ$)|
|Arthur's Pass mountaineering||Graeme Kates, NZAC||30||2|
|Mt. Aspiring Region mountaineering||Allan Uren & John Cocks, NZAC||30||2|
|Aoraki Mount Cook mountaineering||Alex Palman, NZAC||30||2|
|Barron Saddle - Mt. Brewster mountaineering||Ross Cullen, NZAC||30||2|
|The Darren Mountains mountaineering||Craig Jefferies, NZAC||30||2|
|Kaikoura-Kahurangi mountaineering||Ben Winnubst, NZAC||30||2|
|Canterbury Westland mountaineering||Yvonne Cook and Geoff Spearpoint, NZAC||30||2|
|Canterbury Foothills and Forests||Pat Barrett||30||2|
|Tramping in the South Island Mount Richmond Forest Park to Arthur's Pass||Sven Brabyn||30||2|
|Moirs Guide South: The Great Southern Lakes and Fiords||Robin McNeill||30||2|
|Westland Foothills and Forests||Pat Barrett||30||2|
|45 Years of Antics||OUTC||10||Free|
|Nelson and Marlborough||Pat Barrett||30||2|
|Tramping in the Southern Alps||Sven Brabyn & Elise Bryant||30||2|
|101 Great Tramps in NZ||Mark Pickering & Rodney Smith||30||2|
|Tramping In the South Island Nelson Lakes to Arthur's Pass||Sven Brabyn||30||2|