Why you need to join:
Tramping!!! We go tramping, lots. If you like tramping, want to get involved with a community of folks who know where all the coolest places to go, and know many of the tricks to thriving in our backcountry, then good news! This club is for you!
- Access to club-organised tramps, courses and other events.
- Weekly emails about upcoming trips (yes we try to head tramping every weekend during term time!)
- Access to the club gear locker (with super-cheap hire rates)
- Discounts at tramping stores around Christchurch (see below)
- The club publication, TROG, which archives the trip reports of the year.
Bivouac Outdoor (Tower Junction only): 20% off RRP
Macpac (all stores): Macpac branded products 30% off RRP, non-Macpac branded products 15% off RRP
High Country: 10% off RRP
Roxx (YMCA Climbing Centre): Varies
Escapeplan: 20% off all items
Enter the code CUTC20 at checkout on the website www.escplan.co.nz
FMC Discounts (including annual back-country hut passes): Bring your CUTC membership card to a club meeting & pick up a special fmc membership card prior to purchase
How to join:
The easiest way to join the club is to contact the membership officer for a link to the signup form and pay via bank transfer, however if that doesn’t work for you there are alternatives.
Come along to one of our Wednesday meetings and see our membership officer.
- Meeting location: room KH03
- Date: every Wednesday (only for the study weeks)
- Time: 07:30 pm
Come and see us on clubs day at the beginning of the semester. Keep an eye on the UCSA for details about clubs day closer to the time.*Note: The membership fee is $20. can be paid in cash or via internet banking (see payments page for details).
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Do I have to be a student to join the CUTC?
No, our membership is open to everyone.
- I am an international student, and I am in NZ for only one semester. Can I get a discount?
Unfortunately, no. Membership is already a pretty sweat deal…
- My website login says it is expired. How do I get access again?
Make sure you have paid your subs for the new year. To do so please follow the instructions and contact the membership officer.